Many self-appointed “experts” voice wrong information concerning the Israeli seizure of the “hate armada” a.k.a. the Gaza-bound flotilla who claimed to bring humanitarian aid to the poor Gazans.
These experts are ignorant about international law. Israel did not violate it. JFK did the same when blockading Cuba during the missile crisis. I attach a piece of international law for all. Please educate yourself before speaking out.
1. "Maritime blockades are a legitimate and recognized measure under international law that may be implemented as part of an armed conflict at sea. (emphasis added)… A blockade may be imposed at sea, including in international waters, so long as it does not bar access to the ports and coasts of neutral states. (emphasis added)”
2. Israel must protect itself from the Terrorists who run Gaza with the support of Iran and al Qaeda. Israel inspects all cargo that is delivered to Gaza via its land-crossing so as to ensure that weapons designed to terrorize its civilian population do not get through. This is the reason for the blockade, just like JFK"s reason for blockading Cuba.
3. Israel moves daily humanitarian aid to Gaza through several land-bound border crossings. Contrary to Arab propaganda, there is no shortage of food and medical equipment or supplies in Gaza. Israel offered the same deal to the flotilla’s leaders who refused it. Also, it should be noted—every day many sick Palestinians from Gaza cross into Israel in quest of medical care in Israeli hospitals. I bet you did not know about this little fact.
4. According to Israel National News, an IDF source reports that, "the poor condition of most of the "humanitarian" aid (taken from the ship and inspected by the IDF) was unusable...Many of the medicines are expired." Clearly, delivering aid is not what this was all about.
5. The IDF spokesman has put out information regarding the weapons that were found on the ship: "Once the activists left the ship, security forces began a thorough search and found a supply of weapons, including knives, Molotov cocktails, detonators, wood and metal clubs, slingshots and rocks, large hammers and sharp metal objects. In addition, gas masks were found, pointing to the prior intention of the ship’s passengers to use violence against IDF soldiers who would then be forced to use riot dispersal methods."
6. Israeli soldiers were caught by surprise—an ambush they did not anticipate. They did not intend to use violence. They did so in self-defense after being attacked by a lynching mob.